Sunday, October 15, 2006

First trip to the ER!



Well, we made it 3 years and 3 months of parenthood before this milestone. Yesterday, Lily was at a birthday party at the Hands-On Museum with Matt and Tom while I was at work. She fell off a stool and managed to gash her chin open. Since it was bleeding profusely, Matt took the kids to the ER alone. I got his message that they were heading there when I finished work, and was glad there wasn't a home UM game, so it didn't take too long to get over to the hospital. Lily ended up needed 7 stitches in her chin. They had to put her in a kiddie straight jacket and wrap her body in a sheet like a burrito to restrain her. That, and 3 adults sitting on her kept her still enough to get the job done. The blood, wound, and watching a needle sew up my baby girl didn't bother me too much. But when she started SCREAMING "LET GO OF ME! I WANT TO SEE MY DADDY!" repeatedly as though she were being held down and stabbed with red hot pokers, I lost it. Tom woke up from napping in my arms and started crying too. Then, 5 minutes after they were done, Lily was halfway through a popsicle and back to her normal self. She's going to have a scar, and she'll look like Franken-Princess in her Halloween costume, but I guess you can't expect to make it through life without any battle scars, right?

1 Comments:

Blogger Shay said...

Oh No! I'm sorrry guys. Just remember it is actually faaaaar more traumatic for you than her (as evidenced by the popcicle.) I babysat for Violet one weekend and she had a meltdown in the back seat of my car. Ended up puking all over herself she was crying so hard. I felt like the worst aunt in the world. But, by the time we got home, she was fine, laughing and pinching me and ready for dinner. I however, had a breakdown and sobbed when I told Evan and Amy the story. She was fine, I was scarred for life!

10/16/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home